Sunday 22 June 2014

Lavender Fish For Handmade Monday


Its been sooooo lovely to be blessed with another week of sunny weather. All the plants have enjoyed it too... cucumbers and tomatoes are creating a jungle in our little green house and on the allotment its strawberries galore... Today i'm busy making strawberry jam, strawberry wine, strawberry ice-cream as well as picking more strawberries!

I've just got time to tell you about this week's other makes though... as always i look forward to reading your comments :)


Lavender Fish


Regular visitors to my blog may remember me showing you my 'On The Open Ocean' designs a little while ago. If you missed it you'll find the fabric collection in my Spoonflower shop and the printable craft papers in my Print and Paper shop on Etsy.

As always i ordered 8x8" swatches of all the fabrics from Spoonflower to check the colours and print size before offering them for sale. I'm really happy with how they turned out and i thought it would be fun to make some lavender fish.


Each fish features two of the fabrics, one on each side.



They come in pairs with one fish on either end of a knotted rope.


As with all my lavender pillows they are filled with a deliciously aromatic combination of pure sheep's wool and cotswold lavender and the fabric is a top quality linen cotton blend.


I think they're a fun way to create a bit of seasonal 'beach-chic' or to compliment a coastal decor style at any time of year. I hope you like them too!

They are available now from my website and Etsy shop, priced £9 (for a pair of fish joined by a rope).

I've also got some larger pieces of fabric from the On The Open Ocean collection which i'm hoping to make some other lovely seasidey things with soon... I'll let you know how i get on. Now though, i'm off over to Handmade Harbour to find out about everyone else's crafty week, thanks for stopping by! x 

15 comments:

  1. Lavender seems to be the thing for this week. Your fish are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting take on lavender pouches! Never seen lavender fish before! The fabric is very attractive. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely smelly blog post! Love your designs on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really cute, I'm sure they'd look great hanging in a seaside themed bathroom, and I bet they smell divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They do smell fab, i love the smell of lavender :) x

      Delete
  5. Your fish are lovely - I can see beach-chic becoming very popular. Strawberries are doing very well so far this year - think the combination of lots of rain and sunshine have created a very good crop. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) I hope so, i love coastal style decor.

      Yes, its definitely a bumper crop this year! :)

      Delete
  6. Nice idea, lavender fishy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely fabric, you are so clever creating all your different fabric. I'm going to make strawberry jam as well......yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, i'm glad you like them!

      Good luck with your jam! x

      Delete
  8. What a fabulous idea to use up the little swatches..
    Love the little fishes, they would be a great decoration to adorn any home.
    I look forward to seeing what you make with the larger swatches...
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x