Thursday 8 March 2012

March 2012


March 2012:

Hello spring! Hello tweeting birdies, hello little green shoots poking their heads above ground, hello lovely light evenings! ‘tis the season of new beginnings and for me this has taken the form of several new Free Spirit Designs ranges – my pretty jar lanterns and up-cycled bottle vases have great eco credentials, and my carefully hand painted one-off keepsake boxes would make delightful Mother’s Day gifts (as would my floral heart Lavender cushions – a bargain at £4!). Expect more cushions from me soon too – I’m currently designing a whole new range based on the theme of what home is… watch this space for the first arrivals.

In other news I had a wonderful day at Spiral’s Craft Market in Devizes which had a lovely atmosphere, high standard of craftsmanship and good turnout of visitors..




...here’s my stall – pretty cheery I thought! I’ll be back there again on the 2nd of June and will put up a reminder as well as notification of other markets I have planned here and on facebook for anyone wishing to attend.

Also in the spirit of new beginnings I am now spreading the Free Spirit Designs love through shops on Folksy: http://folksy.com/shops/freespiritdesigns, and WowThankyou: www.wowthankyou.co.uk/free-spirit-designs/,  I also have a new pinterest project on the go – an open board for artists/crafters to showcase their best work: www.pinterest.com/freespirit2012/pin-it-yourself-artists-crafters/, it has been pretty successful with nearly 600 followers to date and I hope that it will continue to grow and help artists and crafters to reach an audience with their work. The next step is the promotion of excellent British creativity and to this end I am now a collaborator on Steph Cookes Best of British board: www.pinterest.com/stefjc/best-of-british/, as well as developing a board of my own British top pics: www.pinterest.com/freespirit2012/best-of-british-top-pics/. If you enjoy the work on display on these boards, please support the artists featured by following and facebook ‘liking’ them!

Speaking of which, facebook ‘liking’ is a great way to stay in touch with my Free Spirit Designs endeavours and discoveries – just click on the tick at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your lovely comments are much appreciated x